Thursday, November 9, 2017

Review: Skinfood Black Sugar Strawberry Wash Off Mask

skinfood-black-sugar-strawberry-wash-off-mask-review-esybabsy


Skinfood is probably one of a few Korean skincare products I've tried so far and kinda love it. After trying out Skinfood Rice Mask some time ago and pleased with the result, I feel like I have to try out their other wash-off mask variants. I was a bit confused to choose between this mask and their Black Sugar Wash Off Mask, but from the reviews I read, the Black Sugar Mask contains harsher black sugar granules and thus feels harsh on the skin. Trying to minimize any possible irritation that may occur, I finally chose this Skinfood Black Sugar Strawberry Wash Off Mask.


skinfood-black-sugar-strawberry-wash-off-mask-review-esybabsy



Skinfood Black Sugar Strawberry Wash Off Mask is a facial mask that contains mineral-rich organic black sugar, along with strawberry seeds and strawberry seed oil. It also enriched with vitamins and minerals to hydrate and nourish skin. It claims to scrab away dead skin away, making your skin soft and glowing.

This product comes in a bulky plastic jar, or if I may say, a tiny bucket, with vintage-designed label all over it. I really appreciate how they design their packaging beautifully with vintage style.


skinfood-black-sugar-strawberry-wash-off-mask-review-esybabsy


skinfood-black-sugar-strawberry-wash-off-mask-review-esybabsy


Ingredients: 
Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Sucrose, Glycerin, Peg-7 Glyceryl Cocoate, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax, Cetyl Ethylhexanoate, Stearalkonium Hectorite, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Lanolin, Macadamia Ternifolia Seed Oil, Limnanthes Alba (Meadowfoam) Seed Oil, Fragaria Vesca (Strawberry) Seed, Sorbitan Laurate, Fragaria Ananassa (Strawberry) Seed Oil, Water, Bht, Ethylhexylglycerin, Phenoxyethanol, Caramel, D&C Red No.33(Ci 17200), Fd&C Yellow No.6(Ci 15985), Fragrance



skinfood-black-sugar-strawberry-wash-off-mask-review-esybabsy



The texture itself is so strawberry jam alike, it even has strawberry jam scent and strawberry seed all over it! But as convincing as it looks, please note that this is not an actual jam. LOL. Beside strawberry seed I also find black sugar grain scattered all over the product. It has a unique texture because it may look creamy and sticky, but when you scoop it out, it felt light and watery, and of course, very scrubby.


skinfood-black-sugar-strawberry-wash-off-mask-review-esybabsy



I use this mask once a week. Please note that this is not the only mask I use during the week. I also use several types of mask such as tea tree clay mask, mud mask, and mask sheet for anti acne. I use this just because I feel the need to exfoliate my face once a week.

After washing my face with facial foam, I dry my face with a towel, then scrub this mask all over my face very gently. I waited about 10 minutes and rinse it with tap water. I don't use warm water because I'm too lazy. It is important to scrub this onto your damp face. I once use this on a dry face and the effect was abrasive.

To be honest, this mask does feel a little bit too harsh on me. I chose this over Skinfood Black Sugar Mask because the reviews said the scrub wasn't too harsh but it still feels too much for me. Nevertheless, I do love the feel this mask gives: smooth skin with sweet strawberry scent, so I think I'd try to tolerate this. Moreover my skin doesn't show any negative reaction. 

Skinfood Black Sugar Strawberry Wash Off Mask originally cost about USD 11-12 and sold in Indonesian online stores for around IDR 98,000 to IDR 120,000.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Thanks for reading my blog! Please leave your thought in the comment section. But please do not leave any spam/link as I will not approve it. Thanks and have a nice day!

Latest Post

First Impression: Evershine Moringa Series