Saturday, April 26, 2014

Review: Etude House Proof 10 Eye Primer

I usually write my article right to the point, no strings attached. But, I wanna do something different from now on. Here, I would like to review about eye primer. But before we continue, I would like to explain about this eye primer thing. Just, what is that?

Eye primer (or many refer it as 'eye base') works like a foundation on your eyelids, the function is to make your eyeshadow colors stand out more and stay longer.

The eye primer I would like to talk about is Proof 10 Eye Primer by Etude House. Many beuaty blogger compare this to the infamous Urban Decay Primer Potion. So I was curious. Besides, UD is way too expensive for me.

A little info, eye makeup products coming from Proof 10 series by Etude House were claimed as the waterproof and smudgeproof ones, let alone their longevity. You can check out other products from this series on EH Indonesia official website.

Like other products coming from Proof 10 series, this primer was placed in a dark blue glossy box. The bottle itslef look similar like the Tear Drop Liner: small and curvy, with a long dark blue cap which has a function as the applicator.


The applicator looks like a lip gloss, coming out of the bottle was odorless and thick skintone cream.


Here are some examples on my wrist:


As you can see the part with eye primer is much more stand out. I have to apply several times to get the color intensity I wanted without eye primer and it was not easy. But using this product as a base really make my life easier.


Here is the picture of my wrist after several hours. They both faded, but the part without primer was worse.

The examples above are swatched on my wrist, the body part that touched things the most, it was my bare skin with merely eye primer, no powder, no foundation. So applying this to your eyelids would have better result, I assume.

Another example when applied to my lower lids:


As you can see on the picture above, I applied this on my lower lash bed to make my lower liner stay longer (I have very oily lids and teary eyes). It really, really, hold the liner in its place. But, to be honest, applying this is a bit tricky because the cream dried really fast, and once it dried, it will leave an unpleasant trace like the picture above (see where the arrow points). So, I would suggest to apply this evenly as fast as you can! But the good thing is this product doesn't break out in my wrinkles. LOL. It just covers your lids perfectly!

So far, here are my verdicts:

  • Thick odorless cream
  • Skintone cream
  • Really make eyeshadow colors 'pop' out
  • Super fast drying so you have to dab this really fast as well
  • Ugly traces once it dried if you don't apply it evenly
  • Doesn't break out in wrinkles
  • Waterproof and smudgeproof. But not scrub proof. LOL.
  • Where did I get this: Zharas
  • How much: Approx. IDR 80K to 90K (USD 9)
Score:
4 out of 5

Will I buy it again?
I dunno, I haven't tried many other brands enough!

That's all for now. See you :)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Thanks for reading my blog! Please leave your thought in the comment section. But please do not leave any spam/link as I will not approve it. Thanks and have a nice day!

Latest Post

First Impression: Evershine Moringa Series