Friday, June 26, 2015

Review: ELF Cream Eyeliner (Black)

I recently made a review about Bobbi Brown gel eyeliner (read here) and how I love (and hate) that product. This ELF Cream Eyeliner was purchased beforehand in search of a smudgeproof and budget friendly gel eyeliner. And this rangked about 4 stars in Makeup Alley.

Well, let's see.


elf-cream-eyener-black-review-esybabsy

ELF Cream Eyeliner has square glass jar with black matte cap. It is delivered in a black matte box and equipped with a small angled brush. It's all black and I really love the sleek and exclusive packaging.

I bought this from twlcosmetics.com for IDR 80.000. This is an official price. It may cost much cheaper in several online stores.


elf-cream-eyener-black-review-esybabsy

My favorite eyeliner color will always be black. So I chose this shade. There are originally four variants: black, brown, blue, and grey.

elf-cream-eyener-black-review-esybabsy


elf-cream-eyener-black-review-esybabsy

Ingredients:
Isododecane, Polyethylene, Polyisobutene, Barium Sulfate, Calcium Carbonate, Quaternium-18 Bentonite, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Tricontanyl PVP, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Propylene Carbonate, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Silica, Tin Oxide, Methylparaben, Propylparaben May Contain: Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), DC Black #2 (CI 77266), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Ultramarines (CI 77007).



elf-cream-eyener-black-review-esybabsy

elf-cream-eyener-black-review-esybabsy

The brush is a synthetic angled brush with a short handle. The tip is actually quite sharp and pointy. Despite so many bad reviews about it, the brush is actually a perfect gadget for applying concealer underneath my eyebrows. I also often use this brush for applying eyeshadow to make a very clean and crisp cut crease eye makeup. The short handle is the only thing I regret, it makes it so small I often lost sight of it among my make up brushes.



elf-cream-eyener-black-review-esybabsy
The lines were drawn using its very own brush and I really need several swipes to get a perfect black.

What I love from ELF Cream Eyeliner is that it has a very smooth and creamy texture. I guess the product name speaks for itself. A little goes along the way. It also dries quickly without having to worry it'll stick to your eyelids. It has the blackest black I have ever seen. No matter how thick eyeshadow I apply beforehand, this product can be drawn easily without losing its blackness.

Although it is claimed to be long wearing and smudgeproof, but I disagree. Strongly. It is quite long wearing, though, but I still can't avoid the smudge underneath my eyes after wearing this for only about an hour. Please, talk about my prone to oily lids. And also, I got teary a lot because my eyes are sensitive to wind. I don't know WHY so many people wrote reviews of how smudgeproof this product is. I mean, how? 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Thanks for reading my blog! Please leave your thought in the comment section. But please do not leave any spam/link as I will not approve it. Thanks and have a nice day!

Latest Post

First Impression: Evershine Moringa Series