Friday, December 19, 2014

Review: Etude House Dear Darling Tint (No. 02/Real Red)

Apa kabar?
 
Today I'm gonna show you one of the newest member of my make up collection:
 
Tadaaa!

 
 
I got this from winning a lip art contest held by Anggie and Lina a few weeks ago. There are some ofther beauty stuff I got in a whole package. It was a massive one I got so excited when receiving it. Actually it was the very first time I won something. LOLs. 
 
 
Anyway, the review of each prize will be up one by one. But first, lemme talk about this babe first, kay.
 
The whole packaging is all plastics with transparent bottle and metallic pink cap. You can see through the bottle without opening it. It's plastic sealed by the way, so you can tell whether they're still brand new or used already.

 
 
 
There are 4 variants available:
 
No. 1 Berry Red
No. 2 Real Red
No. 3 Orange Red
No. 4 Vampire Red
 
 
 
 

I got mine in No. 2 Real Red
 
 
 


This is a typical doe-foot applicator with a pretty pretty long wand.


 
The shade of Real Red is not a true red for me, it's more like red with orange undertone. The consistency is runny with a strong fruity scent that smells nice at the beginning. Because overtime I found the smell is more and more disturbing. Very strong. ANd if you lick it (accidently or purposely), there's a hint of a sweet and bitter taste. Just like tasting food coloring.
 
It is water based lip tint, so I'm pretty sure this kind of lip tint will make my lips dry, so moisturizing is highly recommended, at least for me.
 
***
 
To see the swatch on my lips, I'll show you in this pictorial of how to use this for your everyday make up routine:
 
 
 
Prepare your lips.
Moisturize it with lip balm. You can add some lip concealer if you want to, which I chose not to.
 
 

 
Apply a small amount at the inner part of your lips like this.



Using your finger, dab the liquid slowly to blend the lip tint with the warmth of your lips.
 
The step is actually done here. But for a more 'catchy' look, you can do this:


Just put the lip tint to the whole part of your lips using the applicator. Simple, right?
 
 


 And, this is how it looked like under natural lighting.
 
 ***
 
COLOR (4/5)
Very pretty! It can really brighten up your look in an instant. I think the shade No. 2 is the most natural result among all four since this is the natural lip color of most people. Just like I said, it's red with orange undertone, but the color is more like red rather than orange.
 
FINISHING (5/5)
Since it's a lip tint, it doesn't look glossy, creamy, nor matte. It's absorbed by your lips just like that, so what other people see is your red natural lip color. Great, isn't it?
 
FORMULA (2/5)
It's drying my lips although I put moisturizer in advance, maybe becasue it's water based. I'd say oil-based lip tint works better on me.
 
LONGEVITY (2/5)
Average, or rather poor. It'd only need less than two hours for me before the color's gone. IDK, maybe because it's sweet, I licked my lips a lot. LOLs.
 
PRICE (5/5)
The price is budget friendly. Many online stores would offer it from about IDR 50K to IDR 70K (USD 5), it may varies depends on the store. So make sure to browse enough.
 
 
Btw, I used to review similar product with different shade:
 
 
Check the review here.
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Thanks for reading my blog! Please leave your thought in the comment section. But please do not leave any spam/link as I will not approve it. Thanks and have a nice day!

Latest Post

First Impression: Evershine Moringa Series