Friday, November 14, 2014

Review: Max Factor Max Effect Gloss Cube (Wild Cherry No. 09)

I got this product for free by purchasing some items in its counter. Since it was free, I underestimated it a bit at first. Well, some brands just won't let go their good products for free just like that. But I guess I was wrong, let's find out why.
 
 
 
This beauty comes in a cube transparent container. Reminds me of Make Over Liquid Lip Color that I reviewed some time ago, don't you think?
 
 
 
 
 
Just found out that Max Factor is a part of P&G company. This product can last up to 6 months after opened. Unfortunately, the quantity, expiry date, and ingredient list are also missing in the packaging. However, this is what I found from its official website:
 
Dimethicone, Polyisobutene, Mica, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Copernicia Cerifera Cera, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Tocopherol, Sodium Hyaluronate, Butylene Glycol, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Parfum, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Silica, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Tin Oxide, Linalool, Geraniol, [+/- CI 15850, CI 19140, CI 77891, CI 77491, CI 77499, CI 77492, CI 42090, CI 45380, CI 75470]
 
 
 
 
My shade is No 09 or Wild Cherry. This is the darkest variant I found in the counter. There are 12 shades available. However, the shade availability might be different in some counries. I guess this shade is available in Asia only, perhaps? Luckily this dark red is the one you can find in Indonesia.
 
 
 


 
The applicator is a doe-foot one although it is more rounded than most applicator like this, not very pointy.
 
 


This is a blue toned red, just like its name taken from a blue toned red fruit. The shade is just so pretty that it would match to be applied as Korean gradient lips. Although Max Factor claim this as a lip gloss but the consistency is thick and solid, just like a liquid lipstick. There's a hint of fruity scent although just a bit, it's almost odorless, if I may say.
 

How it looked like on my lips in both lightings, used as gradient lips and full lips:
 

The finished look is creamy. A bit surprising though, considering this is a lip gloss, not liquid lipstick.

 

 
 
***
 
 
I didn't feel any drying sensation at all nor clumpy result even at the very end of day when I had to wipe this. It also not sticky and didn't feel heavy at all although the consistency is extremely thick, in fact it's sooo comfortable. When I apply this, it's very easy to achieve an even result. Once the liquid touched my lips, it absorbed just like that and it doesn't easily transfer, especialy to your teeth. It's also very long lasting even after I took a meal, it didn't fade much.

One thing I gotta tell you, this won't bleed to lines just like most liquid lip colorant with vibrant shades. So far this is the most comfortable lippie I've ever tried. I dare to compare this to several high end products I own like Dior, MUFE, and Lime Crime, and this product just beat them all in terms of formula, comfy, and staying power. Definitely worth buying.
 
Since I got this for free, I don't know how much it cost. But I guarantee that he price is almost the same with other drugstore products such as Revlon and Maybelline. I'm just not quite sure whether this is a lip cream, a lip gloss, or a liquid lipstick.
 
 
Verdicts:
  • Wild Cherry is a vibrant vampire blue toned red
  • Thick consistency
  • None sticky formula
  • Doesn't easily transfer
  • Long lasting
  • Doesn't clump
  • Doesn't bleed into lines, so lip liner application is not necessary
  • Doesn't dry my lips and quite hydrating
  • Covers lips evenly and uniformly
  • No expiry date, ingredient list, and quantity on the container
 Score:
5 out of 5
 
***
 
Oh, before I forgot, here's an example of my makeup play using this product to create gradient lips and add the bloody effect on some parts of the wounds. It'll only take 6 months before this product is expired, so why don't we make the use of it to the max? LOLs.
 


 





 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Thanks for reading my blog! Please leave your thought in the comment section. But please do not leave any spam/link as I will not approve it. Thanks and have a nice day!

Latest Post

First Impression: Evershine Moringa Series