Wednesday, July 9, 2014

[Kolaborasi yang Tertinggal] Katy Perry 'Dark Horse' Inspired Makeup

This post was supposed to be a part of an arabian themed makeup collaboration, but... something happened in the process, so I submitted another look for that collaboration, and this creation of mine was left abandonned. Too bad, remembering it took me 4 hours to create this. This is not such an easy one!

I meant to re create Katy Perry makeup in her Dark Horse video, but again, something went wrong in the process, I couldn't imitate it pretty well. And out of desperation, adjusting with my rookie ability, I improvised a lot. I mean, really like... A lot.

In the end, after attempting 3 consecutive times, I came up with this:


Yeah, the hair. I told you I improvised a lot. LOLs.


Considering the hard attempt, it was a miracle I still manage to provide you a pictorial. Check this out!


How to redo the eye makeup:
  1. Draw your eyebrows and apply eyeshadow base.
  2. Apply yellow eyeshadow on the inner and lower corner.
  3. Continue with orange shade.
  4. Using and an angled brush, apply two purple lines on your outter corner, like I did in the picture. This will work as an outline, so no need to be so careful.
  5. Draw an outline using the same tool and eyeshadow color.
  6. Fill it with the same purple eyeshadow. Erase the mistake with a q-tip.
  7. Using white eyeshadow, fill the gap on your outter corner.
  8. Retouch again using purple eyeshadow and an angled brush.
  9. Blend the colors all together, then draw eyeliner on your upper eye lid. Exagerate the tear duct to achieve longer looking eyes.
  10. Do the same thing with your lower lash bed and water line. Make a small wing downward on the inner corner.
  11. I'm not very good in drawing eyeliner, so I retouched the lower eyeliner by dabbing black eyeshadow with an angled brush.
  12. Highlight your brow bone with silver eyeshadow.
  13. Apply mascara and glue your falsies. Falsies is a must. And you are done!


Note: if you already came up witn something much easier steps than I did, you are very welcome, dear.

***
And as for the rest of the entire face, I didn't provide you with a pictorial. But this is more or less what I did that day:
  • Do your skin care routines.
  • Do your eye makeup first like in the pictorial above.
  • Apply face foundation and set it with a face powder.
  • Contour your nose and cheek bones.
  • For the lips, draw an outline first with a brown pencil, then set it with a nude colored lip gloss. Here I use a very pigmented lip gloss that looks like a lipstick.


Products I abused:

  • Face:
    • Revlon Photoready Perfecting Primer
    • Revlon Photoready Concealer (light)
    • La Tulipe Cover Foundation (natural)
    • Maybelline Clear Smooth Face Powder (light)
    • Revlon Blusher (pink peony)
    • Make Over Countour Kit
  • Eyes:
    • Viva White Eyebrow Pencil (brown)
    • EH Proof 10 Eyeshadow Primer
    • Coastal Scents 120 Original Pallet 1 (yellow, orange, black, silver, purple)
    • Mizzu Eyeliner Pen (black)
    • Artistry Automatic Eyeliner (black)
    • NYX JEP (milk)
    • Maybelline The Falsies Mascara (black)
    • Baby Color Candy Rainbow Softlenses (gray)
    • Unbranded falsies
  • Lips:
    • Viva White Eyebrow Pencil (brown) used as lip liner
    • NYX Ultra Shine Lip Gloss (natural)

Looks in detail:



Picture spamming!






Okay, did my trial Katy Perry enough?
Nevermind. Forget I ever wrote that...





No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Thanks for reading my blog! Please leave your thought in the comment section. But please do not leave any spam/link as I will not approve it. Thanks and have a nice day!

Latest Post

First Impression: Evershine Moringa Series