Monday, May 5, 2014

Review: Wet n Wild Mega Last Lip Color (Vamp It Up/919B)

Bold--especially vampy--lip color is not me, I must say. But sometimes I just want to get out of my comfort zone, wearing something daring once in a while. So I guess one dark purple lipstick won't hurt my purse. My choice this time is Wet n Wild Mega Last Lip Color simply because its wide range of color choices and a good bargain price.

There are 26 color variants in this Mega Last series. Mine is 919B or Vamp It Up. The packaging is nothing special. Black tube with transparent cap which make it easier to see through the color without opening it or looking at the bottom. The tube itself is a bit bulky than a regular lipstick.

The whole bullet glided, taken with flash and without flash.

What I hate is the bullet doesn't retract all the way into the tube and it will leave ugly stain on the clear cap if you don't careful enough. The rounded bullet is also a letdown since I can't color my cupid's bow precisely. I think I prefer the classic pointy bullet.

The swatch on my wrists, again taken with flash and natural lighting.

And here are the examples on my lips. Sorry I keep on bugging you with the flash and no flash pictures. It's because they look a bit different on those lighting.

The color when you swipe it is very opaque. I think this shade is perfect for those who are still scared to wear black, right? It's pretty bold but at the same time, pretty as well. At least for me. LOL.

I haven't tried other shades from this series, but this one stain your lips very very badly, as if you have a natural red lips after wiping it down. The formula is semi-matte and kinda dry your lips, so moisturizing your lips before applying it is recommended.

Conclusions:
  • Semi-matte formula
  • Opaque color and pigmented
  • Medium staying power
  • Stain your lips after you wipe it
  • Dry my lips
  • No weird smell
  • Where I bought it: NYX Olshop
  • How much: IDR 49K (I forgot the exact price). But it'll cost you around IDR 89K in their official counters. I heard the price in USA itself is no more than USD 3, if I'm not mistaken.
  • Where you can find this in Indonesia: Carrefour, drugstores, counters.

A tutorial by me using this shade. Check it out here.



Have you tried any other color from this series, or do you have other vampy purple lip color? Please tell! By the way, I think Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick has a similar shade with this one (Va Va Violet) but I hardly find it. Just to let you know. Until then!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Thanks for reading my blog! Please leave your thought in the comment section. But please do not leave any spam/link as I will not approve it. Thanks and have a nice day!

Latest Post

First Impression: Evershine Moringa Series