Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Review: Revlon Photoready Perfecting Primer

"Face Primer is relatively new product. It is used as a protective barrier between your skincare and makeup, ensuring your makeup stays longer"

Finally I got the time to try out this product and make a review. This is actually part of my last April haul.

This primer comes in a clear glass pump bottle with a clear plastic cap.

If you look closely there's a code 001 written on the bottle but I'm not so sure what's that about. I think I remember the sales assistant mention something about it but I hardly remember. Neither their official website explain about it.


Directions of use. The sales assistant said this can be used as a moisturizer as well.

Ingredients:
Dimethicone, Isododecane, Water, Trisiloxane, PEG/PPG-19/19 Dimethicone, Isodecyl Neopentanoate, C13-16 Isoparaffin, Silica Silylate, C10-13 Isoparaffin, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Dimethicone/Bis-Isobutyl PPG-20 Crosspolymer, Silica, Tocopherol, Glycerin, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Methicone, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, 1,2-Hexanediol. May Contain: Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Ultramarines.

The pump. I adore pump bottle.

The cream is very light textured with skintone color. But when you apply this to your skin, it's transparent.

The picture above is an example on my hand. I apply moisturizer and top it with this primer, and the result on my skin was somewhat smooth and velvety (is velvety a word?). The same goes on my face. After applying face serum, sunscreen, moisturizer, and all those skincare routines, you can imagine how glossy your face look like ahahahha. Of course you have to wait for a while to let your skin absorb them, but I don't do that. And applying this primer after wearing your skincare has a great mattifying effect. My face felt instantly soft, smooth, and velvety (seriously, is that a word?).

I tried to wear this before applying Tony Moly CC Cream, and CC cream usually has a bad effect on my normal-oily skin since my face will get oily in just an hour. But applying this at least lengthen the matte effect up to 3-4 hours. Really love this product. But maybe this won't do for those who have dry skin.

And, oh, for those who don't know how to apply this, just dab this to your whole face after applying moisturizer, and before applying foundation/BB cream/face powder.

Verdicts:
  • Odorless skintone cream.
  • Light textured cream, a little goes along the way.
  • Instant smooth result.
  • Matte effect.
  • Best result for normal to oily skin.
  • Not recommended for dry skin.
  • How much: IDR 155K (USD 16).

Thanks for reading. Hope this review is useful. ^_^






No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Thanks for reading my blog! Please leave your thought in the comment section. But please do not leave any spam/link as I will not approve it. Thanks and have a nice day!

Latest Post

First Impression: Evershine Moringa Series